WHO WE ARE
The Civic Air Transport Association (CIVATAglobal) is the global trade association of the advanced air mobility (AAM) sector, bringing together cities and industries in a single global community. CIVATA is a forum to share experiences, plans, access information resources and work together on enabling the successful speeding the introduction of safe, profitable, environmentally responsible urban air mobility (UAM) operations, from small unmanned air system (sUAS) missions to urban air taxi networks and intercity services.
Speeding the adoption of safe, sustainable and profitable urban drone and advanced air mobility services worldwide.
OUR AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To enable the successful adoption of unmanned air system services in and between urban areas by providing a community bridge between local authorities and the aviation industry.
- Lobby rule makers and political organisations in favour of safe, environmentally responsible and affordable UAS -based transport services.
- Provide an information hub for local authorities planning to implement UAS based services, comprising contacts, expertise and best practices.
- Provide the UAS industry with a direct line to customers and end users.
- Engage community support for advanced air mobility programmes.
- Provide specialist support in areas such as infrastructure requirements, finance, insurance, risk assessment and legal services in the development of AAM systems.
- Promote the interests of the AAM industry to wider audiences, such as the public and international regulatory organisations.
- Develop information resources on market size, growth predictions and analysis to support business and infrastructure planning.
In addition to his role as Director General at CIVATAglobal, Andrew is managing director of Aviation Advocacy, an independent air transport focused strategic and government affairs consultancy based in Switzerland.
Andrew has wide-ranging experience in the legal, commercial and aero-political aspects of all parts of the aviation industry. He has been involved in some of the major developments in the industry. Previously, Andrew was the Chief Legal Officer of Qantas Airways before being responsible for Government Affairs for IATA and then SITA.
He has experience in airlines, service providers and industry bodies, in both the commercial and political arenas, as well as having served on a number of industry boards, including the Executive Committee of CANSO. He was the Executive Director of the Drone Alliance Europe between 2015 and 2018. Andrew’s clients include trade associations, major industry suppliers, airlines, service providers and airports.
Andrew also regularly writes about and comments on aviation matters including in Forbes, and on television and radio. He regularly speaks at and moderates industry events. Aviation Advocacy’s subscription only Aviation Intelligence Reporter is an increasingly influential monthly critique of developments. Its subscribers include senior regulators; airline, ANSP and airport senior executives; and several trade associations.
His involvement in all parts of the industry means that he is well placed to bring experience and energy to the role of Director General of CIVATA Global.